According to WHO, a novel coronavirus ( 2019-nCoV) is also known as Wuhan coronavirus. It is a single-stranded RNA coronavirus. It was first reported in December 2019.
In the month of December 2019 in the city of Wuhan in central China as an emerging cluster of people with pneumonia of unknown cause. Linked primarily to stallholder who worked at the Huanan seafood market. which sold live animals.
Coronavirus is a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals and humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known as MERS and SARS. The most recent coronavirus is COVID-19
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is most recent discovered coronavirus cause infectious Disease
According to the U.S Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the common symptoms include-
- Dry Cough and fever
- Shortness of breath
Some Patients may have
- Aches and Pain
- Runny nose
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore throat or diarrhoea
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) recently Confirms 6 new symptoms of Coronavirus. These are
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell (Anosmia- the loss of smell, Ageusia- the complete lack of taste, Dysgeusia- altered sense of taste)
COVID-19 transmission from human to human. People can be caught COVID-19 from others who are virus-infected. The disease can be transmitted from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets are landed on the surface people touches the surface and then with the infected hand touches their mouth, nose, eyes that’s how virus transmitted.
How do you protect yourself from (COVID-19)?
The new virus named called COVID-19 is spread through droplets. Some precaution that helps you to protect your self from COVID-19
- Wear a disposable surgical mask in crowded places or if possible wear an N95 mask.
- Clean your hand frequently with disinfectant or soap at least 20 seconds especially after going to the bathroom; before and after eating, and after blowing your nose; coughing; sneezing.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes with an unwashed hand
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay at home when you feel you are sick
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue and throw infected tissue into the trash.
- When using public toilet use alcohol and tissue paper to clean the toilet seat before sitting on it.
- Avoid visiting the wet market and do no consume game meat.
- Avoid using travel in public buses as much as possible
- If you feel sick and symptoms consult with the doctor and should take proper medical care
- The incubation period of coronavirus is approx 14 days
There are no specific treatments for illness caused by a human coronavirus. Most human with common human coronavirus infection will recover on their own. However, you can perform little matters to alleviate your symptoms
- Take fever medication
- Take a hot bath to assist ease a sore throat and cough.
If you are mildly sick, you have to
- Drink lots of liquids
- Take rest
WHO declared Coronavirus disease(COVID-19) is pandemic. It is spreading the whole over the World. Don’t need to panic for this virus because it is not deadly like Ebola and other viruses. A person can easily recover from it. However, just follow the instruction properly given by a medical professional.
In lastly, I would like to say Please give awareness to the people in your society some of the peoples in your society may not aware about this disease (COVID-19) as well as the instruction is given by medical professionals. Try to reach them and give them proper awareness. It is high time to work together to protect our countryman from this pandemic disease. At present, there is no proper vaccine available to cure. However, the scientist is working day and night to develop antidotes against coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Transmission of Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) | CDC. (2020). Retrieved 29 January 2020, from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). (2020). Retrieved 29 January 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novel_coronavirus_(2019-nCoV)