|Arundhati Gold Scheme 2020|
What is Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme?
Arundhati Gold Scheme 2020 or ( Arundhati Swarna Yojana) a new scheme has been launched by the Government of Assam to provide free gold to brides. Under Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme state government will provide 10 gm Gold of Rs 30,000 to Rs 38,000 to each new Marriage Brides of economic weaker section (EWS) whose parents’ annual income is from all sources is up to 5 lakh Rupees.
Therefore, the government had started this scheme from 1st January 2020 and people will get benefited from the first week of February 2020.
The main aim and objective of Arundhati Gold Scheme 2020 are to Eradicate the child marriage from the state of Assam. In addition to it also ensures that the daughters of the state become happy in their after marriage life. It also enables a citizen to live a life of dignity in their society.
Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme
Under Assam Arundhati Brides Gold Scheme government will provide 10 Gram gold approx Rs 30,000 to Rs 38,000 costs to each bride of the state of Assam at the time of her marriage.
For Fulfilling the Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme Government has released Rs 300 crore. Any person who wants to avail the benefits of Arundhati Gold Scheme (Arundhati Swarna Yojana) should have to do the registration of marriages under the Special Marriage Act (Assam), 1954.
After the Successful Registration of Arundhati Gold Scheme government will make available One Tola (10 Gm) Gold of Rs 30,000 at the time of her wedding.
Brief Summary of Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme
Eligibility for Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme
- A person should be the Native of the state of Assam.
- Brides Family annual income should not be more than 5 Lakh rupees.
- The Minimum Age of the Bride should not be less than 18 Years and for Groom should not be less than 21 Years.
- Brides should be registered at the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- The bride should have studied to at least 10th standard. However, the educational qualification has been relaxed for the tea garden communities and Adivasis Community.
- The benefit Arundhati Gold Scheme will be given on the girl’s first marriage only. That is, you will not get the benefit of this scheme if there is a 2nd marriage involved. If someone did not get the benefit of their first marriage then they can get the benefit of this scheme if there involved in a second marriage.
- Documents required to apply for Arundhati Gold Scheme is one Identity proof and One address proof.
How To Apply Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme
- If a Brides wants to avail the benefits of Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme then she has to register under the Special Marriage (Assam) Act, 1954.
- The eligible bride must apply for the scheme before the date of weeding and receipt should be submitted during weeding at the registrar office.
- Now after successful registration of marriage Government will give Rs 30,000 to purchase 10 gms of gold.
In conclusion, Arundhati Gold Scheme is a great initiative by Govt. of Assam to eradicate child marriage from the State of Assam
If any Queries about Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme please comment below